Carrot & Apple Muffins ? Made with lots of healthy ingredients such as carrots,…
Carrot & Apple Muffins ? ? Made with lots of healthy ingredients such as carrots, apple, greek yogurt and oats, these muffins are an excellent after-school snack to feed hungry kids!
– 100g / 3/4 cup wholemeal flour
– 100g / 3/4 cup plain flour
– 50g / 1/2 cup rolled oats
– 1.5 tsp baking powder
– 0.5 tsp baking soda
– 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1 medium red apple, grated
– 2 small carrots, grated
– 200g / 1 cup greek yogurt
– 50ml / 1/3 cup milk
– 1 large egg
– 3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
– 1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 180c / 350f (fan oven).
2. In a large bowl mix together the wholemeal flour, plain flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
3. Next add the grated apple and carrot and mix again.
4. To another bowl or jug add the greek yogurt, milk, egg, honey and vanilla and mix together.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just enough to combine everything but do not over-mix.
6. Line a 12 hole muffin tray with muffin cases. I recommend using silicone cases because these muffins contain little fat and so they tend to stick to paper cases.
7. Divide the mixture between the muffins cases and then bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool slightly in the tray before turning the muffins out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
TIP ? I would recommend using silicone muffin cases for these as they have a tendency to stick to paper cases because they have no butter in them.