Shredded Chicken With Potato Wedges and Pulled Pork with Banana Pudding. Here a…
Shredded Chicken With Potato Wedges and Pulled Pork with Banana Pudding. Here are two crockpot meals that take little cooking ability/prep. The recipe for the chicken is below and the pork recipe is on my website @themealprepmanual
I’ve said before on this page that a good tip for cooking pulled pork is to broil it after it comes out of the crockpot. Pulled pork coming out of the crockpot is always dead and colorless. Putting it under the broiler allows the meat to gain some texture and lots of color. Highly recommend doing it. It doesn’t work so well for chicken breast probably cause it’s too lean. Don’t skip the banana pudding either. I’ve not a huge pudding guy and even less of a banana flavored things guy but for some reason the banana pudding makes it so much better. It’s a nice treat as a side.
NOTE: I forgot to take a picture of the normal portion for the chicken meal. This one is the same recipe as below except with 3 more potatoes, a bit more BBQ sauce and oil.
2lbs chicken breast
3/4 cup vinegar based BBQ sauce (I use Gates)
5 medium sized potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
2 bags of frozen green beans (20-24oz)
Salt and pepper
1. Cook the chicken with 1 cup of water or broth in a crockpot on low for 6 hours or high for 2-3.
2. Once cooked remove from liquid and shred. Mix in BBQ sauce.
3. Preheat oven to 425F
4. Cut potatoes into wedges and toss in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Bake for 10 minutes and then flip. Cook an additional 10 minutes or until desired product is achieved.
6. Cook green beans as instructed on package. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Divide evenly 5 ways. Nutrition information is 438 CALS 48g C | 39g P | 10g F
#vegetablesareforlosers #mealprep #mealprepsunday #mealprepideas #mealplan #mealprepdaily #mealprepmonday #mealprepping #mealpreps #mealprepmadeeasy #mealplan #mealdiary #mealinspo #fitspo #fitness #crossfit #healthyfood #healthyeating #healthyrecipes #mealpreprecipes #mealpreplife #nutrition #exercise #mealprepmanual #fitlife #fitnessmotivation