AD. When @wainwrightbeer asked me to develop a recipe with their new Vegan and G…
AD. When @wainwrightbeer asked me to develop a recipe with their new Vegan and Gluten Free beer I knew exactly what to make – beer battered tofish and chips! It makes for a light, crispy, golden batter and is is the perfect vegan and GF twist on a British classic!
@wainwrightbeer are challenging us to #findyourmountain. What physical or mental challenge do you want to conquer this year? My ‘mountain’ is daily self care – reading, listening to podcasts, taking long country walks and going to bed earlier (easier said than done!). But if the reward is treating myself to this @wainwrightbeer then it’s all the more achievable!
To purchase the beer find it in your local Booths store or swipe up on my story to buy online. 18+ only #drinkresponsibly
Recipe for beer battered tofish (serves 2/makes 6 pieces): Ingredients:
120g gf flour
1 tsp gf baking powder
1 tsp garlic granules
½ tsp salt
140ml @Wainwrightbeer Vegan and GF beer
270g extra firm tofu
2 nori sheets
1. Make the batter by mixing the flour, baking powder, garlic, Wainwright beer, salt and pepper.
2. Heat around 2 cups vegetable oil in a saucepan on medium heat.
3. Drain any excess water from the Tofu and cut the Tofu into 6 triangular shapes.
4. Cut nori into sizes the same size as the Tofu and place on top of each tofu chunk. Squeeze a bit of lemon juice on top to help it stick.
5. Check the oil is hot enough by placing the top of a wooden spoon in. If bubbles appear around it then it’s hot enough.
6. Place each bit of Tofish into the batter until fully covered. Carefully place into the oil and let cook for a couple of minutes until golden brown. You may need to flip it over half way.
7. Serve with chips, minty mushy peas and vegan tartare sauce!