A few tips on snacking if you’re pregnant: ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ • Calcium becomes even more…
A few tips on snacking if you’re pregnant:
• Calcium becomes even more important in pregnancy so make one of your snacks calcium rich (yoghurt, yoghurt based dip, hard cheese and crackers)
• If you’re feeling sick- make snacks as nourishing as possible. Salty foods like crackers are often a go to but try topping them with hummus or a yoghurt based dip to make them more nutritious.
• Steer clear of soft cheeses including ricotta (unless heated) as they hold higher risk of listeria. It is true that pasteurised is generally ok and the occurrence of listeria is also far lower than the public perception but the recommendation in Aus is still to steer clear. I previously had these a lot with fruit on toast as a snack.
• Always wash fruit and veg pre eating- even it it comes in a ‘washed and ready to eat’ bag from the shops.
• If you’re usually a lover of soft centred eggs- make sure they’re hard boiled to reduce risk of salmonella.
Creds @movingdietitian ✨