CONFESSION, I used to be really addicted to GREASY CHINESE FOOD I WOULD EAT IT F…
CONFESSION, I used to be really addicted to GREASY CHINESE FOOD I WOULD EAT IT FOR BREAKFAST SOMETIMES ??… tell me your guilty food confessions in the comments below.
Healthy vegan KUNG PAO TOFU!
1 package high protein (extra firm) tofu
1 small white onion
3 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
1 red bell pepper
1/2 cup peanuts
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
1 tbsp corn starch
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp 100% maple syrup
2 tbsp soy sauce or Tamari
2 tbsp sesame seeds
2 green onions, sliced
1 tbsp sesame seeds
To serve: brown or Jasmine rice.
1. Cut tofu into cubes & chop all the veggies.
2. Sauté white onion in a large pan or wok with 1/4 cup of water and season with a pinch of salt and pepper, sauté for 2 minutes and then add minced garlic and Sauté for 3 minutes.
3. Add In cubed tofu and cook for 5-7 minutes or until tofu is browned.
4. In a medium sized bowl combine minced ginger, sesame seeds, soy sauce, white vinegar, corn starch, 1/4 cup water and maple syrup. Whisk all together.
5. Add the chopped vegetables (bell pepper, eggplant, zuchinni) to the pan and then pour the sauce over everything, give it a good mix and let cook for 7 minutes or until veggies are cooked.
6. Add the peanuts to the stir fry, mix in and let cook for an additional 1 minute.
7. Once the stir fry is ready, serve with white or brown rice and top it off with chopped green onions & a little extra peanuts & sesame seeds!