Spinach almond ricotta stuffed pasta shells with the most delicious butternut sq…
Spinach almond ricotta stuffed pasta shells with the most delicious butternut squash sauce ✨
Ricotta recipe is bellow! Let me know if you want a complete recipe. I’ve been trying to be less wasteful and use up every ingredient / left overs and this is what I came up with 😅
I hope everyone had a beautiful weekend! Now for the ricotta recipe!
1 (14 ounce) package of firm tofu
1 cup raw almonds
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp onion powder
1/4 tsp pepper
3 cups chopped spinach
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1. Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Place your raw almonds into the boiling water. Let boil for 2 minutes.
2. Drain the almonds immediately in a colander or strainer and rinse them with cold water to cool them. Blot the almonds dry with a paper towel.
3. Use your fingers to gently squeeze the almonds and loosen the skin from them. Set skinless almonds in a bowl and set aside.
4. Remove tofu from package and wrap in a clean kitchen towel or paper towel and squeeze for 20 seconds to allow for excess water to strain.
5. In a food processor or high speed blender combine tofu, blanched almonds, nutritional yeast, unsweetened almond milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper. Blend for 1-2 minutes or until there is no chunks. Mixture will look lumpy and that is okay! Add more almond milk if needed.
6. In a small pan cook chopped spinach with 1 tbsp on water for 1 minute or until spinach is wilted down.
7. Once ricotta mixture is made and spinach is ready, combine the two in a medium size bowl and mix well. Taste mixture and add any extra salt or seasonings if needed.
#vegan #pasta #almond #nutcheese #ricotta #veganism #veg #dinner #dine #foodie #food52 #foodnetwork #foodporn #food #foodphotography #photo #buzzfeed #buzzfeast #food52 #yum #healthy #health #dairyfree