VEGAN BROCCOLI & CHEESE BAKED POTATO! As a kid, the only vegetable I really lov…
VEGAN BROCCOLI & CHEESE BAKED POTATO!
As a kid, the only vegetable I really loved was broccoli … because it was covered in melted cheese 😂😭
Who wants one 🤭 Tag a friend and grab recipe below!
3 russet potatoes (or large Yukon gold potatoes… which I honestly prefer)
1-2 cup chopped broccoli
2 tsp avocado oil (divided)
1/2 cup shredded vegan cheese ( I used follow your heart)
Vegan sour cream:
1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 20 minutes in water)
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
Pinch of pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
1.Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2.Wash and dry the potatoes then pierce each potato 2-3 times with a fork.
3. Rub oil all over the potatoes. Then rub salt all over the potatoes.
4. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for about 45 -55 minutes. The exact baking time will depend on how large the potatoes are. The potato should be tender inside if you poke a fork into it.
5. Meanwhile in a blender combine all “sour cream” ingredients and blend on high until smooth.
6.Chop broccoli into small florets then simply sauté in a pan with 1 tsp melted coconut oil, season with salt and pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes until tender. You may need to add 1-2 tbsp water to the pan as it cooks. Turn off heat once broccoli is cooked to your liking and set aside.
7. Once the baked potatoes are done and out of the oven, carefully cut lengthwise slits in the top of each. Carefully scoop out some of the flesh of the potato and push to the sides to make room for the filling.
8. Spoon a generous amount of broccoli in the potato then add a handful of shredded vegan cheese and place back into the oven for 7 minutes.
9. Remove from oven, serve hot with a big spoonful of vegan sour cream, chopped chives and enjoy! .
#veganfood #veganfoodshare #veganfoodporn #veganfoodie #crueltyfree #vegansofig #vegansofinstagram #whatveganseat #veglife #plantbased #plantbaseddiet #foodporn #comfortfood #dairyfree #vegetarian #veganaf