VEGAN CARROT CAKE LOAF with VANILLA BEAN CREAM CHEESE FROSTING Happy mommas day …
VEGAN CARROT CAKE LOAF with VANILLA BEAN CREAM CHEESE FROSTING✨
Happy mommas day to all the incredible MOMS! Curious to know, if your a momma , comment down below ! YOU ARE LOVED 💕
Makes 10-12 slices
* 3 tbsp ground flax + 1/2 cup water
* 3/4 cup almond milk + 1 tsp white vinegar * 1/2 cup avocado oil
* 1 cup organic cane sugar
* 1 cup apple sauce * 2 tsp vanilla extract
*2 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 tsp baking soda
* 2 cups shredded carrots (about 4-5 large carrots)
* 1 cup shredded coconut
* 1 cup chopped walnuts
* 3/4 cup raisins
Frosting * 1/2 a (8 ounce) container of plain vegan cream cheese. (I recommend either Trader Joe’s brand, follow your heart or kite hill.)
* 2 tbsp 100% pure maple syrup * 2 tbsp vegan butter, softened (I used miyokos brand)
* 1 vanilla bean (seeded) or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl combine 3 tbsp ground flax and 1/2 cup water. Whisk together then set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile in a large bowl combine almond milk and 1 tsp vinegar, mix together and let sit for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile grate your carrots. You want about 2 cups of grated carrots.
5. Add in the flax mixture to the almond milk vinegar mixture then add avocado oil, cane sugar, apple sauce and vanilla. mix well.
6. To the wet ingredients add in flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix till well blended.
7. Next add your carrots, coconut, raisins and chopped walnuts. Mix until well incorporated.
8. Pour batter into a loaf pan that has been greased with oil and dusted with flour and bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes (Check to see if done by inserting a tooth pic in the center, once it comes out clean, it’s done.)
9. Allow to cool in pan for 40 minutes. Meanwhile make frosting!
10. In a bowl combine all frosting ingredients. Whisk together until completely smooth. (It helps if both the cream cheese and vegan butter is at room temperature). 11. Once the loaf is completely cooled spread the frosting evenly on top, top off with a handful of walnuts for garnish and enjoy!
#veganfood #veganfoodshare #vegan #veganaf #f52grams