VEGAN RICOTTA STUFFED SHELLS! TAG UR PPL These are approved by CHEESE LOVERS R…
VEGAN RICOTTA STUFFED SHELLS!
TAG UR PPL✨
These are approved by CHEESE LOVERS
1 package organic tofu, firm
1 cup almonds (you can use slivered blanched almonds or blanch your own)
4 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2-1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
pinch of pepper
1/2 cup plain, unsweetened almond milk
1 (16 ounce) bag frozen spinach
25 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
Parsley or cilantro for garnish
chili pepper flakes for garnish
Store-bought Marinara sauce OR home made marinara recipe (I put in the comments)
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, drain and set aside.
3. Remove tofu from package and wrap in a clean kitchen towel or paper towel
and squeeze for 20 seconds to allow for excess water to strain.
4. In a food processor or high speed blender place blanched almonds and pulse
until you begin to have a mixture with sand texture. Then add tofu, nutritional
yeast, unsweetened almond milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper.
Blend for 1-2 minutes or until there is no large chunks. Mixture will look slightly
lumpy and textured… that is okay. Add more almond milk if needed.
5. In a pan over medium to high heat cook frozen spinach for 2-4 minutes just
until heated through.
6. Once ricotta mixture is made and spinach is ready, combine the two in a
medium size bowl and mix well. Taste mixture and add any extra salt or
seasonings if needed.
7. Grab baking dish and pour 2 cups of marinara sauce on the bottom, spreading
sauce evenly. Grab a spoonful of ricotta spinach mixture and spoon it into the
cooked pasta shells. Be generous with the filling and then place the stuffed shells
in the baking dish.
8. Once all shells are stuffed place into the oven & bake for 20 minutes. Serve
shells right our of the oven an pour extra marinara sauce on top of each shell.
Finish off with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast, chili flakes , fresh herbs and enjoy!
#veganfood #veganfoodshare #veganfoodporn #veganfoodie #vegan