The perfect duo. You guys know I love to veganize the classics so let me know I…
The perfect duo.
You guys know I love to veganize the classics so let me know IN THE COMMENTS what you guys want me to veganize next ❣️ Grilled cheese:
@fieldroast chao cheese
@daveskillerbread super seed bread
@earthbalance organic vegan butter
1 (29 ounces) can tomato puree
1 cup raw cashews
5 cups filtered water *divided*
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 yellow onion, diced
1 butternut squash (4 cups chopped)
3 cloves garlic
1 1/2 tbsp “no chicken” bouillon
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt (optional… if needed)
Soak cashews in filtered water for 2 hours
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Carefully cut off the skin from the butternut squash. *My tip is to cut in half first then cut off skin.* Chop into small chunks and bake in oven for 30 minutes or until tender. (do not let brown)
3. Meanwhile chop onion, red bell pepper and garlic into really small pieces. In a large pot over medium heat saute garlic and onions for 3 minutes…adding 1 tbsp water throughout cooking process to prevent sticking. Then add the bell pepper and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile drain your raw cashews and rinse with water. Place soaked cashews in a blender with 2 cups of filtered water. Blend for 30 seconds on high speed. Place a mesh drainer over a bowl and pour the cashew milk through. *You could also use a nut milk bag if you have one.*
5. Pour the cashew milk into a bowl and set aside until ready to use.
6. Remove the sautéed onion, garlic and bell pepper mixture and add it to a high speed blender…do not wash pot.
7. To the same pot pour 3 cups water over medium heat and boil. Add “no chicken” bouillon whisk together until dissolved. Add tomato puree and cashew milk, stir to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Add the baked butternut squash to the blender with the bell pepper mixture along with 4 cups of the simmering soup and blend until smooth. Add the blended mixture back into the pot and mix all together and cook on medium heat for 7 minutes.
9. Enjoy as is or with a vegan grilled cheese! (I recommend Chao cheese by field roast + earth balance vegan butter)
#vegan #veganrecipes #vegetarian #vegetarianrecipes #food #foodporn