I detest zucchini. Never liked it and never thought I would. It is amazing how …
I detest zucchini. Never liked it and never thought I would.
It is amazing how adding flavourful veg can make all the difference. These cutlets with sweet corn and carrot beautifully marry the rather bland notes of a zucchini. Serve these up Indian style with chaat masala and chutney like I did or alternatively with a mint hung curd dip.
Zucchini & Carrot Cutlets
2 zucchinis grated with the skin on
1/4 cup carrot grated
1/2 cup boiled corn kernels
1/2 chopped onion
1/4 cup rice flour
1 cup bread crumbs
1 green chilli, chopped
2 cloves crushed garlic
Salt & Pepper to taste
Oil to cook.
1. sprinkle salt over the grated zucchini and leave aside for sometime. This will allow the zucchini to release all the moisture.
2. Give it a big squeeze and drain all the water. You will be surprised how much water this veg can pack in.
3. Reserve the oil and 3/4 cup breadcrumbs and combine all other ingredients.
4. Shape into cutlets.
5. The mixture should not be soggy. Add more rice flour / bread crumbs if it is.
6. Coat the cutlets with the remaining breadcrumb.
7. I like to set is aside in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before cooking. This allows it to hold its shape well.
8. Heat a non stick tawa and coat generously with oil.
9. Cook for 4-5 min on each side.
10. Serve Hot . . .
#cutlets #zucchini #vegappetisers #vegrecipes #partysnacks #homecookedfood #healthyeating #healthysnacks #tiffibox #kidsmenu #kidsmeal #cookingforkids #honesthomecooking #eatseasonal #eatfresh #eatclean #mommyblog #mommyblogger #indianmommyblogger #mumbaimommy #recipeguide