CRISPY SMASHED THYME POTATOES with VEGAN RANCH! SO FRIKN GOOD. TAG your ppl and …
CRISPY SMASHED THYME POTATOES with VEGAN RANCH!
SO FRIKN GOOD.
TAG your ppl and make these like NOW! (“How to” on stories also swipe to hear chancys reaction 😂) RECIPE
1.5 lb Mini Dutch yellow potatoes
About 4-6 tbsp avocado oil
8 sprigs fresh thyme
Salt & pepper
Vegan Ranch dressing:
1 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp filtered water
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh Chives
2 tbsp fresh dill
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup unsweetened, plain almond milk
1 tbsp rice or white vinegar
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1. In a large pot of boiling water, cook potatoes until tender, about 15-20 minutes then drain.
2. While your potatoes are boiling, prepare ranch dressing, Soak raw cashews in hot water for 15 minutes. Then drain raw cashews and place in a blender with 1/2 cup. Blend until smooth. Scoop the cashew cream into a bowl and add all the remaining ranch dressing ingredients, mix to combine, taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
3. Bring a large non stick skillet to medium high heat. Add about 4 tbsp avocado oil, the entire pan should be evenly coated with oil. Once oil is hot, reduce heat to medium then Add potatoes to skillet (dont over crowd the pan… you could do this in batches) and cook until bottom side is golden brown, flip potatoes and cook until other side is golden brown. Should take 2-4 minutes on both sides. With the back of a spatula or glass cup carefully smash the potatoes until flattened but still in one piece. But… It’s ok if some semi fall apart!
4. Season generously with salt, pepper then add sprigs of thyme. Let the thyme get a little fried in the oil ! It’s so tasty. Let the potatoes and thyme get nice and crispy cooking for 6-10 minutes on medium to low heat. If you find you’re not getting a good enough crisp add a touch more oil to the pan.
5. Serve hot with vegan ranch dressing, and a sprinkle of flakey sea salt! •
#veganfoodporn #veganfoodie #crueltyfree #vegansofig #vegansofinstagram #whatveganseat #veglife #plantbased #plantbaseddiet #foodporn #comfortfood #dairyfree #vegetarian #f52grams #feedfeed #plantbased