VEGAN EGGPLANT MUSHRROM BOLOGNESE (How to video on IG story) THIS has to be on o…
VEGAN EGGPLANT MUSHRROM BOLOGNESE (How to video on IG story)
THIS has to be on of my fav recipes Iv created 🤭
TAG A FRIEND & grab recipe + a bottle of @bertolli_us organic extra virgin olive oil (best quality olive oil that takes your dishes to the next level + @bertolli_us pays super close attention to the process in which the olive oil is made to make sure quality is he best and is designed to be USDA organic.
4 tbsp @bertolli_us organic extra virgin olive oil (divided)
1 medium eggplant, roughly chopped
1 yellow onion
4 garlic cloves
8 ounces cremini mushrooms , roughly chopped
12 ounce can crushed tomatoes
3 tbsp tomato paste
1 1/2 tbsp 100% pure maple syrup or sugar
1 tsp salt
4 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 lb pasta noodles
8 ounces cherry tomatoes * You will need a Food processor*
1. Roughly chop onion into large chucks then place onion & garlic cloves in food processor. Pulse until onion and garlic is finely diced.
2. In a large pot over medium heat add 2 tbsp @bertolli_us organic EVO, then add onion & garlic & sauté for 4 minutes.
3. Meanwhile add roughly chopped mushrooms to food processor & pulse until it is finely chopped. Add to onion and garlic mixture then add the roughly chopped eggplant to food processor and process until finely diced as well. Add the eggplant to the mushroom/ onion mixture. Cook for 5-7 minutes. Season with salt & pepper.
4. Add 3 tbsp tomato paste and the 1 can diced tomatoes. Mix to combine and cook for 5 minutes, add 1 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup, nutritional yeast. Cook for 10 minutes.
5. Bring a large pot of water to a boil then cook pasta noodles according to directions on package.
6. Meanwhile in a small pan over medium heat, add 1-2 tbsp @bertolli_us organic EVO and add whole cherry tomatoes. Sauté for 5 minutes and season with a pinch of salt.
7. Once the noodles are done cooking remove from boiling water & directly transfer to bolognese sauce. Add 1/4 cup of hot pasta water to bolognese sauce (helps loosen up sauce a bit!)! Add the cherry tomatoes & fresh herbs on top. #therecipeissimple #ad #bertolli #bertollievo #veganfoodporn #vegan #veganfoodie #crueltyfree