- Lean beef mince
- 1/2 to 1 onion diced
- 1 teaspoon of Garlic
- Mixed herbs
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes (if on vegetable day)
- Put a small amount of water in a frying pan
- Add diced onion and cook until soft
- Place cooked onion, mince, garlic and herbs in a bowl and mix with a fork
- Take a small amount of the mixture and roll it into a small ball, place on a chopping board
- Repeat until all the mixture is used up
- Place meatballs in the frying pan, keep turning until they are all brown (use a lid to speed up the cooking process)
- After about 8 mins, remove one and check the inside is cooked
- Serve with a yoghurt sauce if you are on a pure protein day
- If you are on a veg + protein day add the can tomatoes and a teaspoon of sweetener and simmer for 3 mins, feel free to add other vegetables like mushrooms, carrots and capsicum to the dish.
Source: My own recipe, please note the above photo was of a full fat beef mince, hence the extra oil in the pan, I don’t have an updated photo at this stage.