diving into this CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE SKILLET just as hard as im diving into th…
diving into this CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE SKILLET just as hard as im diving into this weekend ??? ever since @camikeepseatingthings posted the recipe for her cookie skillet, i’ve been dying to make one! she’s made them on REPEAT and know i know why??? i actually didn’t even have a cast iron skillet until a couple weeks ago, when i asked for some $$ for my birthday in november to purchase one!? i ended up ordering a 9inch @lodgecastiron ? even though their skillets are a lil pricey, they are an investment FOR LIFE. super sturdy, strong, and perfect for cooking almost anything! but most of all, perfect for cookie skillets? because let’s be real, thats 97% of the reason i bought one in the first place? recipe inspired by @rachaelsgoodeats + @camikeepseatingthings, but slightly adapted and added metric measurements for my non-US buddies! Enjoy?
Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet .
-3 tbsp (60g) maple syrup
-1/4 cup (60g) melted coconut oil
-1/3 cup (80g) creamy almond butter -1 tsp (5mL) vanilla extract
-1 tbsp (15mL) unsweetened almond milk
-1 cup (100g) almond flour
-1/4 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 cup (85g) dark chocolate chips, or 85g chocolate bar, chopped
-1/4 tsp sea salt
-9inch (23cm) cast iron skillet or baking dish
1. Preheat oven to 325F (165C). Lightly grease your skillet or oven dish with coconut oil or cooking spray.
2. Whisk together the egg, maple syrup, coconut oil, cashew butter, vanilla and almond milk in a large bowl.
3. Stir in almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon and sea salt.
4. Fold in chocolate chips/chunks.
5. Pour batter into the skillet or oven dish and spread out evenly using a spatula.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.