Shrimp and Sausage Skillet. This recipe is posted on my website under the recipe…
Shrimp and Sausage Skillet. This recipe is posted on my website under the recipes tab if that is easier than reading below ?@themealprepmanual
Many of you know I’m not huge on meal prepping fish. Shrimp is a bit different however. It’s heartier and keeps better in the fridge. Most fish is too delicate to be last the week in the fridge. Plus no one in the office likes the person who brings fish to work. I still don’t use shrimp often, but it is certainly more doable than most fish.
* 1 lb shrimp
* 1 – 14oz Kielbasa sausage
* 1/2 sweet onion
* 2 medium zucchinis
* 2 medium red bell peppers
* 2 Tbsp olive oil
* 3-4 tsp Cajun seasioning
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 2.5 cups of cooked rice
1. Cook enough rice to yield 2.5 cups of cooked rice. 1 cup dry will yield around 3 cups of cooked.
2. Peel and devein all of your shrimp if needed. Pat them dry with a paper towel and season with around 2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
3. Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Add the shrimp and cook until both sides are pink. Remove from pan.
4. Cut the onion and pepper into a large dice. Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil to the skillet and cook the onion and pepper become soft. Remove from pan and set aside.
5. Cut the zucchini into a large dice and the kielbasa into discs. Add the the skillet and cook until the kielbasa begins to brown.
6. Combine all of your ingredients into one skillet. Season with cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste. The kielbasa sausage will provide a lot of flavor to this dish on its own.
7. Divide your ingredients 5 ways into each of your containers and add 1/2 cup of rice to each.
#mealprep #mealprepsunday #mealprepideas #mealplan #mealprepdaily #mealprepmonday #mealprepping #mealpreps #mealprepmadeeasy #mealplan #mealdiary #mealinspo #fitspo #fitness #crossfit #healthyfood #healthyeating #healthyrecipes #mealpreprecipes #mealpreplife #nutrition #exercise #mealprepmanual