Chocolate Zucchini Cake + Coconut Whipped Cream with Berries We were SOO happy …
Chocolate Zucchini Cake + Coconut Whipped Cream with Berries ????? We were SOO happy with the rave-reviews of the chocolate cake recipe that I posted a month or so ago, and thought it would be fun to do a SUMMERY version with fruit!
Instead of making chocolate frosting, we made coconut whipped cream and spread half of it between the two chocolate cake layers and then the other half on the top with strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. We used edible flowers for decoration, it turned out gorgeous and was so delicious!
Use 6 inch pans for a smaller cake, which is a perfect size.
P.s. Don’t leave out the zucchini…it makes the cake so moist!
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup raw unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup fresh zucchini, shredded
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
3 Tbsps raw honey
3 Tbsps pure maple syrup
1 Tbsp coconut oil. melted
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees f. Spray two 6 inch cake pans with coconut spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. salt Whisk dry ingredients together well.
3. In another bowl, combine shredded zucchini, almond milk, honey, maple syrup, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined, don’t over mix.
5. Divide batter between the two 6 inch pans. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Cool in pan for 10-15 minutes, carefully remove from pans and cool cakes completely on wire rack.
Coconut Whipped Cream
1 can of coconut cream, refrigerate for an hour
1 tsp stevia or pure maple syrup (optional) *Place mixing bowl in the freezer to chill for an hour
Scoop out the top cream from refrigerated can of coconut cream, place in a mixer. Save the remaining coconut liquid and use in a smoothie later on if you wish.
Remove ice-cold mixing bowl from freezer.
Beat coconut cream on medium high speed for about 2 minutes. (Continued on website: https://cleanfoodcrush.com/summer-chocolate-cake-coconut-whipped-frosting/ )