Chocolate Zucchini Cake w/ Frosting A lot of work has gone into perfecting this…
Chocolate Zucchini Cake w/ Frosting 🌼
A lot of work has gone into perfecting this Chocolate Cake recipe for awhile, and I finally think it is perfect!
Husbands and children LOVE LOVE chocolate cake, so it’s great to have a good recipe full of nutritious ingredients, without the typical white sugar to be able to make for them once in awhile.
Use 6 inch pans for a smaller cake, which is a perfect size.
P.s. Don’t leave out the zucchini…it makes the cake so moist!
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup raw unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup fresh zucchini, shredded
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
3 Tbsps raw honey
3 Tbsps pure maple syrup
1 Tbsp coconut oil. melted
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees f. Spray two 6 inch cake pans with coconut spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. salt Whisk dry ingredients together well.
3. In another bowl, combine shredded zucchini, almond milk, honey, maple syrup, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined, don’t over mix.
5. Divide batter between the two 6 inch pans. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Cool in pan for 10-15 minutes, carefully remove from pans and cool cakes completely on wire rack.
Chocolate Frosting Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups high quality dark chocolate chips (I like Lily’s brand made with stevia Cleanfoodcrush.com/lilys )
3/4 cups coconut cream (open can and skim off top cream for this use, throw the rest in a smoothie later!) In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips and coconut cream together, mixing well until combined. Remove from heat, and immediately add 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract into your frosting mixing well.
Allow frosting to sit on the counter for an hour or two until cool and thick.
Gently frost your cake and enjoy!
Pin this! https://cleanfoodcrush.com/clean-eating-chocolate-zucchini-cake/