TACO TUESDAY style! I was completely drooling over shrimp tacos
TACO 🌮 TUESDAY 🍤 style! I was completely drooling over @briewilly shrimp tacos last week that I had to make some of my own. Made these spicy BBQ shrimp tacos with an avocado crema and they were delicious! Happy Tuesday loves!!! What’s your favorite taco filling? •
SHRIMP TACO INGREDIENTS:
- 1 batch cilantro lime slaw
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 to 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- fine sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 8–10 flour tortillas (or corn tortillas)
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and thinly-sliced
- optional toppings: chopped fresh cilantro, chopped red or white onion, sliced jalapeño or serrano peppers, crumbled cotija cheese, and/or lime wedges
CHIPOTLE CREMA INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or mayo)
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce (or 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Prep the slaw and crema: Prepare the cilantro lime slaw according to instructions. Combine all of the chipotle crema ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth.*
- Cook the shrimp. In a mixing bowl, toss the shrimp with the taco seasoning, plus a generous pinch of salt and black pepper, until evenly coated. Heat oil in a large non-stick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Cook the shrimp for 3 to 4 minutes, flipping once, until they are opaque and cooked through. Transfer to a clean plate and set aside.
- Assemble the tacos: Fill each flour tortillas with a generous serving of the slaw, a few slices of avocado, a few shrimp, a drizzle of chipotle crema and sprinkle of your favorite toppings.
- Serve. Serve warm and enjoy!
Deets: @sietefoods almond flour tortillas; arugula, pea shoots, tomatoes, scallions, avocado crema, parsley and shrimp seared in spicy BBQ sauce and @pickledplanet kraut.