Homemade pita and falafels for dinner tonight! Adapted from my falafel burger re…
Homemade pita and falafels for dinner tonight! Adapted from my falafel burger recipe! Tag a friend and grab the recipe below ✨
2 cups garbanzo
4 garlic cloves
1/4 white onion (3/4 cup roughly chopped)
1 bunch cilantro
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/2 cup peas
1 cup almond meal
Flat bread buns
3 1/3 cups bread flour
1-1/2 cups + 2 tbsp warm unsweetened almond milk
2 tablespoons sugar
1 package active dry yeast
2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
1/2 tsp teaspoons salt
1/2 Red onion (raw or pickled)
vegan mayo or hummus (optional)
1. Rinse canned chickpeas in a fine mesh strainer, then poor the chickpeas onto a large plate lined with pepper towels. Spread the chickpeas out on the plate and grab another paper towel and put it over the chickpeas, patting on them to dry.
2. Add cilantro, onion, and garlic to a food processor. Mix until well processed. Set aside.
3. Once the chickpeas are dried, add to the food processor, along with almond meal, salt, pepper & cumin. Mix to combine thoroughly, scraping Down sides as needed. You’re looking for a paste like consistency with only very small bits of chickpeas and herbs.
4. Sample a small bit and adjust spices/salt/herbs as needed. Then cover and set in the refrigerator for 1 hour. (If you’re making the flat bread buns skip to the “flat bread” directions below… while you wait for your falafel mixture to sit for an hour.) 5. Remove from refrigerator and scoop out 1/2 cup amount of falafel Mixture and gently form into a patty with your hands. Feel free to make them into small patties to make regular falafels. The mixture may feel really wet and sticky but that is OK! it will dry out slightly when you cook them.
6. Once your falafel patties are formed, heat a large pan over medium/ medium-high heat. brush each side of the falafel patty with a very thin layer of avocado oil or oil of your choice.
7. Then place falafel patties on the pan and cook 2-3 minutes on each side Once the bottom side is browned, flip gently as they can be fragile. (Recipe cont in comments) #vegan