Peanut Butter Cookie ~Soft+Tender Original ~ it’s like Jenga with cookies!
⚡️Peanut Butter Cookie ~Soft+Tender Original ~ it’s like Jenga with cookies!⚡️@blissfulbasil
- 1 cup peanut butter (you can also use ½ peanut butter and ½ almond butter)*
- 1 cup brown sugar**
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup oat flour (use 1 cup if you prefer chewy cookies rather than tender cookies)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- ¼ cup filtered water (readers have also had success using ¼ cup almond milk)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the peanut butter and brown sugar for 1 minute. Add in the vanilla extract and beat for another 30 seconds.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (oat flour, baking soda, and salt).
- While beating the peanut butter mixture, slowly add in the oat flour mixture and beat until a crumby dough forms. Add the water and continue to beat until distributed. Do not over mix.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into balls (about 1 ½ – 2 tablespoons per cookie), drop onto parchment-lined pan, and flatten with a fork one way and then the other to create a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until just starting to turn golden at the edges (they bake FAST, so watch them carefully).
- Cool completely on the pan before moving or enjoy.
- Store in an airtight plastic container to keep the cookies soft and chewy.