The most creamy & perfect tomato soup with a vegan grilled cheese! This tomato s…
The most creamy & perfect tomato soup with a vegan grilled cheese!
This tomato soup is one of my favorite recipes I have ever created ✨
TAG A FRIEND & grab FULL RECIPE below!
Creamy tomato soup
1 (29 ounces) can tomato puree
1 cup raw cashews
5 cups filtered water *divided*
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 yellow onion, diced
1 butternut squash (4 cups chopped)
1 1/2 tbsp “no chicken” bouillon
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt (optional… if needed)
*Soak cashews in filtered water for 1 hour or 20 minutes in hot water!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Carefully cut off the skin from the butternut squash. *My tip is to cut in half first then cut off skin.* Chop into small chunks. Then chop red bell pepper and add to baking sheet and bake in oven for 30 minutes or until tender. (do not let brown too much!)
3. Meanwhile chop onion, and garlic into really small pieces. In a large pot over medium heat, add 1 tbsp oil then saute garlic and onions for 5-6 minutes.
4. Meanwhile drain your raw cashews and rinse with water. Place soaked cashews in a blender with 2 cups of filtered water. Blend for 30 seconds on high speed or until completely smooth. Then add baked butternut squash, red bell pepper, sautéed garlic and onions to the cashew milk and blend on high for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
5. To the same pot pour 3 cups water over medium heat and boil. Add bouillon paste whisk together until dissolved. Add tomato sauce and cashew milk / butternut squash mixture. Stir to combine. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.
6. Enjoy as is or with a vegan grilled cheese!
I used local sourdough multigrain bread + @followyourheart
#vegan #tomatosoup #grilledcheese #veganfood #veganfoodshare #veganfoodporn #veganfoodie #crueltyfree