VEGAN CREAMY TOMATO PASTA Your Sunday night dinner plans Tag a friend and grab …
VEGAN CREAMY TOMATO PASTA✨
Your Sunday night dinner plans 😋
Tag a friend and grab recipe below!
1 yellow onion
4 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 4.5-oz. tube tomato paste
½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cup raw cashews
1 cup filtered water
1 lb. rigatoni noodles or any pasta your heart desires
1 bunch fresh Basil
Salt and pepper
1. Fill a large pot with water and place over high heat. Add a big pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Once boiling add the pasta and cook for 11 minutes or follow directions on your pasta box.
2. Meanwhile peel and finely chop onion. Firmly smash 4 garlic cloves, peel skin off, then mince.
3. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large deep pan or pot and add onion and garlic, cook for 7 minutes… constantly stirring.
4. Add the entire tube of tomato paste and chili pepper flakes (optional) and stir. Continue to stir and lower heat. Cook for 4 minutes.
5. In a blender combine half cup raw cashews and 1 cup filtered water. Blend on high for 1 minute or until fully smooth.
6. Pour the cashew milk (no need to strain) over the tomato paste/ onion mixture and stir. Carefully scoop out 1/4 cup (use a heat proof glass cup) of the hot boiling pasta water and add to the sauce. Stir until smooth sauce forms. Add a few more tbsp of hot pasta water if needed.
7. Once the pasta is done cooking,Transfer rigatoni noodles straight from the pot to the sauce. Add 1/4-1/2 cup hot pasta water to the pasta to loosen it all up.
8. Top the pasta of with chopped fresh basil, pinch of salt and freshly cracked pepper. You can also add vegan parm or a sprinkle of nutritional yeast if that’s your jam.
#pasta #vodka #vodkasauce #veganfood #veganfoodshare #veganfoodporn #veganfoodie #crueltyfree #vegansofig #vegansofinstagram #whatveganseat #veglife #plantbased #plantbaseddiet #foodporn #comfortfood #dairyfree #vegetarian #veganaf