VEGAN version of a @starbucks tomato & mozzarella sandwich. I just had to do it …
VEGAN version of a @starbucks tomato & mozzarella sandwich. I just had to do it 🤭 I embarrassingly used to eat these multiple times a week.
Tag a friend who is or was totally a fan on these too and grab the recipe below!
Roasted Tomato, mozzarella & pesto sandwich
2 Mini Ciabatta breads or vegan focaccia (if you could get your hands on it
1 package of @miyokos_kitchen fresh mozzarella
2 large tomatoes
1 cups spinach
1 Cup Fresh Basil
1/2 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
1/4 Cup Pine Nuts or raw almonds
2 Cloves Garlic
Juice of 1 lime or lemon
pepper to taste
*you can make this even easier and buy a store bought vegan pesto like one from Trader Joe’s*
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Halve the tomatoes then halve them again and remove the seeds.
3. Season the tomatoes with a pinch of salt and pepper and lay out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile to a food processor, add basil, avocado, water, nutritional yeast, pine nuts, garlic, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Mix to combine.
5. Continue blending, scraping down sides as needed, until creamy and fully combined. If it has trouble blending add a bit more water.
6. In a medium size pan quickly sauté Spinach with 1 tbsp of water and season lightly with salt and pepper. This will only take 30 seconds to 1 minute to cool / wilt down. Then set aside until ready to use.
7. Slice cheese into thick slices and halve the bread.
8. To assemble slather a generous layer of pesto, followed by a few slices of mozzarella cheese, tomato& spinach. You can then place your sandwiches in a panini press or bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 5-7 minutes. #starbucks #vegan #veganstarbucks