PP = Pure Protien, AT = Attack Phase,
I decided to experiment with a new dessert for the Dukan, this is a light & sweet treat – think pavlova. Only 2 ingredients and safe for all stages of the Dukan Diet.
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons of sweetener
- Preheat the oven to 120 degrees Celsius
- Separate the white of 1 egg into a bowl, discard yolk (be careful not to get any yolk in the bowl, this will stop the whites getting fluffy)
- Beat with a mixer until peaks form
- Add in the sugar and continue mixing until combined
- Spoon large scoops onto a baking tray lined with baking paper
- Place in the oven for 45 mins or they dry and harden.
- Let cool completely before removing from tray
Normally this type of dessert is served with cream & fruit – think pavlova.
I haven’t tried these yet but I’m considering some alterations:
- mixing cream-cheese & vanilla essence together to serve with this instead of cream
- also maybe a vanilla yogurt would work…
- You could also add food colouring for something different
- Maybe even powdered coffee, chocolate coca or cinnamon
- Some lemon rind mixed in would be a nice flavour also
Pictured to the right is a meringue spread with cream-cheese, an odd flavour but I liked it.