Pepper Steak Sauce
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15mins
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon of coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup beef stock
- 125g pf Philadelphia extra light cream cheese
- 1 tea spoon of sweetener
- 3 button mushrooms sliced thin (optional for your Protein & Vegetable day)
- Heat a non-stick fry pan over a high heat. Cook the steaks for 3 mins each side, remove from the pan, wrap in foil and keep warm.
- Using a small saucepan heat a small amount of water and cook the mushrooms till soft
- Add the garlic and pepper and sauté for 1 minute. Poor in the beef stock and simmer until reduced by a third.
- Whisk in the philly and sweetener and simmer until thickened.
- Poor over your steak, serve immediately.
Tip: The sauce keeps well in the fridge, make a large batch and store in small containers than can be reheated in the microwave.