HOMEMADE PITA BREAD! Too Good Tag your friends and make this super easy pita bre…
HOMEMADE PITA BREAD!
Tag your friends and make this super easy pita bread.
makes 8 pitas
3½ cups @bobsredmill all-purpose flour
1½ tbsp @bobsredmill active-dry yeast
1+1/3 cups warm water
1 tbsp cane sugar
3 tbsp avocado or olive oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
1. In a large bowl mix yeast, sugar and 1/3 cup of warm water. Let sit 5-10 minutes. Then add the flour, 1 cup water, salt & oil to the yeast mixture. Mix until a dough is formed. Knead the dough about 6-7 minutes. until the dough is smooth and elastic. If the dough to sticky add more flour, if the dough to dry add a little bit of water.
* used my stand mixer but you can of course use your hands!
3. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with towel or plastic wrap and let it rise until doubled in size. About 1 hour.
4. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, gently push the air out and divide into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a smooth ball, cover and let rest 30 minutes.
5. preheat oven to 450F with the baking tray inside and flipped upside down.
6. With a rolling pin, roll each ball into about 6-inch (15cm) circle. Set aside on a lightly floured countertop. cover with a towel and let pitas rest about 10-15 minutes.
7. Bake the pitas for 4-5 minutes. remove from the oven and cover immediately with towel. Store in plastic bag. Enjoy fresh! * for left overs heat in oven for 4-5 minutes. Amazing with hummus or as a pizza base! •
#bobsholidaybaking #bobsredmill #ad #pita #pitabread #foodie #food #f52grams #veganfoodporn #veganfoodie #crueltyfree #vegansofig #vegansofinstagram #whatveganseat #veglife #plantbased #plantbaseddiet #foodporn #comfortfood #dairyfree #vegetarian #veganaf #vegancheese #f52grams #feedfeed #baking #bake #yum #plantbased #plant #veg #bread