LEGIT VEGAN MAC N CHEESE (The Mac n cheese you can be confident in giving to you…
LEGIT VEGAN MAC N CHEESE (The Mac n cheese you can be confident in giving to your non vegan family & friends for the holidays)
A vegan Mac n cheese that does not involve potatoes, carrots and cashews 🥴😂 RECIPE
Serves about 10 sides
3 tbsp vegan butter
3 tbsp all purpose flour
2 1/4 cups ANY store-bought unsweetened plant milk (Like soy, cashew, oat or almond milk)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheddar (I used @followyourheart cheese for the other two cheeses below as well )
1 cup shredded vegan mozzarella
1 cup shredded vegan Gouda
1 lb macaroni noodles, cooked al dente
1/2 cup herbed bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a pot over medium-high heat, melt the vegan butter and whisk in the flour until well-incorporated, about one minute.
2. Add the plant milk a 1/4 cup at a time, whisking constantly until absorbed. Keep adding the milk until fully absorbed and the mixture is smooth, has thickened and is creamy.
3. Reduce the heat to low and add garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Then add all the shredded vegan cheese but reserve 1/2 a cup (for topping later). Stir until smooth.
4. Add the cooked macaroni and mix until fully coated.
5. Pour the mac and cheese into a baking dish and top with the reserved 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheese, and bread crumbs. Place in oven, bale for 15 minutes then set to Broil on high for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
#veganfood #veganfoodshare #veganfoodporn #veganfoodie #crueltyfree #vegansofig #vegansofinstagram #whatveganseat #veglife #plantbased #plantbaseddiet #foodporn #comfortfood #dairyfree #vegetarian #veganaf #MACNCHEESE #cheese