Wishing I was cozying up with this ramen on this icy Saturday Not sure why Toro…
Wishing I was cozying up with this ramen on this icy Saturday 🌨 Not sure why Toronto is having an ice storm mid April, but hey, if it means more time eating ramen, soups and curries then I guess it can’t be all bad 🤷♀️ My boyfriend and I made this ramen the other night when we were craving something hearty and comforting and it seriously hit the spot✨.
Recipe 👇🏼 Adapted from @minimalistbaker:
1. Roughly chop 1.5 yellow onions, a 3 inch chunk of ginger, and 7 cloves of garlic
2. Add into a pot on medium heat with 1 tbsp sesame oil and sauté until the onion is translucent
3. Add 10 cups of veggie broth to the pot – we like our ramen with lots of broth, and it definitely reduces!
4. Cover and simmer on medium heat for at least 1 hour. The longer it simmers, the better the flavors will be!
5. Meanwhile, fry up any protein or vegetable of your choosing – we went for cubed tofu + mushrooms, but bok choy would also be delicious!
6. Cook ramen or buckwheat noodles.
7. After one hour, strain the broth through a fine mesh strainer to remove the onion, garlic and ginger
8. Stir in 1 tbsp of rice vinegar, 1.5 tbsp of soy sauce, and 2 tbsp of miso paste (adjust to taste)
9. Add in toppings + noodles and enjoy! I also topped with sriracha and nori sheets, but you can make this as simple or crazy as you like! 💛