Double Chocolate Gluten Free Muffins. I made these last night because I had a ba…
Double Chocolate Gluten Free Muffins. I made these last night because I had a banana sitting on the counter that was about to go bad and needed something to use it for. They turned out incredibly moist and taste awesome 😎
1/2 cup oat flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 egg whites (I used liquid)
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 medium banana
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp stevia
3 tbsp mini chocolate chips .
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Mix all of the dry ingredients together.
3. In a food processor (by hand is fine) mix the dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) with the wet ingredients until incorporate.
4. Stir in 2 tbsp of the chocolate chips.
5. Spray a muffin tin with oil and fill the wells about 3/4 of the way. I used muffin liners but the muffins stuck to them. I would just put them right in the muffin tin, make sure you use cooking spray. Top with remaining chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 20 minutes. Makes 10. Nutrition info is for each muffin. .
Let’s get one thing straight. I’m not a baker and 90% of the stuff I make is me throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks. I try to make these recipes as close to the real thing as possible while keeping them as low calorie as possible. Most muffins/cakes/cookies follow a very similar template of different ratios of flour, sugar, oil. Because traditional dessert recipes have these similar templates, substituting is easier to accomplish. With these more experimental desserts substitutions become less available. I don’t know if most things can be substituted. I can’t test everything.
❓can I substitute the flours?
❗️The oat flour, yes. The coconut flour requires more effort to swap. ❓I hate bananas, what can I swap the banana for?
❗️Hmm. I would try swapping it for a better attitude, how about that? Use the banana. Or use a few tablespoons of butter. I don’t care. ❓What is the nutrition information if I leave out the chocolate chips, swap out 3 tbsp of the oat flour for 1.5 tsp of collagen powder, omit the eggs for 4 flax eggs and add 14 carrots and 9 cups of spinach?
Put it in MyFitnessPal and calculate it yourself.