Mac n cheese on a weekday means I put a ton of broccolini in it to justify it al…
Mac n cheese on a weekday means I put a ton of broccolini in it to justify it all 🤭
Tag a friend in the comments & grab recipe below!
SO. Yesterday’s post I asked what holiday recipes you guys want to see and I love that many of you said Mac n cheese BUT a ACTUAL CHEESY one. One that doesn’t contain of cashews and nutironal yeast 😂 (aka a classic vegan Mac). But okay, I hear you. I will work on a decadent, CHEEZY & Maybe a little guilty 😏 Mac n cheese recipe. Will be throwing in the best vegan cheeses on the market… @chancy.james is an expert at vegan cheeses 🧀
WHO IS READY!? Meanwhile check out this Smokey very tasty Mac n cheese bake!
12 ounces macaroni noodles (I used brown rice noodles)
1 cup raw cashews
1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
1 red bell pepper
1 tbsp miso paste
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp liquid smoke (optional but highly recommend! gives a smokey “cheesy” flavor)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Homemade (GF) bread crumbs (Feel free to use store bought)
4 slices gluten free bread (I used follow your heart brioche loaf)
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Soak cashews in hot water for 15 minutes.
3. Cook noodles according to directions on the package.
4. Remove seeds from bell pepper and cut into 4 pieces, place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
5. Once bell pepper is out of the oven (leave oven on for the mac n cheese) place it in a high speed blender along with soaked cashews, cannellini beans, miso paste, nutritional yeast, macadamia milk, lemon juice, liquid smoke, salt & pepper. Blend for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. *Recipe continued in comments ! Or could be found on Fuelednaturally.net. * •
#veg#f52grams #macncheese #foodie #food #yum #vegan #veganism #food #wholefoods #pasta🍝 #feedfeed #fok #food52 #letscookvegan #veganrecipes #recipes #recipe #fall #fallrecipes #healthy #glutenfree #plantbased