TAG A FRIEND AND GRAB SUSHI RECIPE BELOW! Let’s get CREATIVE With our veg sushi…
TAG A FRIEND AND GRAB SUSHI RECIPE BELOW!
Let’s get CREATIVE With our veg sushi !
Garlicy mushroom & asparagus sushi
3 cups mushrooms
10 ounces asparagus
10 ounces carrots
1 cup uncooked white rice
1 cup uncooked brown rice
3 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp cane sugar
1-2 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
1. Thoroughly rinse rice until water runs clear & cook rice according to the directions of the package of rice. You can do all white rice or all brown or do half and half like I did. If you do half and half, make sure to make them separately.
2. Meanwhile, rinse mushrooms and dry them with a paper towel. Slice the mushrooms into 1/2 inch slices. Place the mushrooms in a bowl and add 3 tbsp of tamari or soy sauce, crushed garlic and mix with a spoon until everything is well combined. Cover and set in the fridge for 25 minutes.
3. Slice avocado into thick slices & slice carrots into thin strips or use a julienne peeler.
4. In a large pan over medium heat add marinated mushrooms and saute for 3 minutes. Then add asparagus to the pan and cook both the asparagus and mushrooms for 10 minutes or until both are tender. Turn off heat and let vegetables cool.
5. Let rice thoroughly cool and transfer to nonmetallic bowl. Fluff with a fork to let extra heat release.
6.Mix vinegar, sugar, and salt until dissolved and pour into rice, gently mix rice to incorporate seasoning.
7. Lay out a large piece of plastic wrap, then lay seaweed paper over it with rough side facing up, apply rice to nori sheet covering all edges. Apply rice 1/2″ thick.
8. Layer veggies on bottom of nori & roll carefully with the plastic wrap, tightening with hands as you roll.
8. Slice with a sharp knife.
9. Season with sesame seeds if desired.
10. Use Soy Sauce dipping and enjoy
#sushi #vegan #veg #vegetarian